Based on our comprehensive survey of editorial and user microwave reviews, the following two models are the best microwaves currently on the market. The third is the best value microwave.
#1 Best Overall
The Panasonic NN-H765BF is a full-sized microwave oven. It consumes 1250-Watt electric energy and has 1.6 Cu Ft capacity. With features such as inverter turbo defrost, quick minute and delay start, sensor heating cooking, and keep warm function, this model is the number one bestseller in countertop microwave ovens.
The 15-inch turntable is designed for even heating. The one-touch feature has 19 pre-programmed cooking and reheating options. An array of other features such as five multi-stage cooking, menu actions in multiple languages, reminder beep, child lock, push button control panel, multi-stage cooking facilities, etc. are designed to give a satisfactory performance.
#2 Best Overall
The Panasonic NN-SN681S Genius “Prestige” is a wall mountable microwave oven with Inverter Technology and Blue Readout. The body is made of steel and with a power consumption of 1200 Watts. This is a sensor microwave oven with 1.2 cu ft capacity. The inverter technology helps to cook the food evenly and keep the original flavor to give the food a delicious taste.
The sensor cooking touch switch allows the microwave to automatically decide the power requirement and adjust the defrosting and cooking time. The low level of pulsing in the microwave keeps the temperature constant and prevents over cooking. This award-winning oven is an exceptional offering from Panasonic.
#1 Best Value
The LG LCSP1110ST microwave oven is a counter top combo model with 1.1 cubic feet capacity. Made of stainless steel with stunning elegance, it is a great value. This oven can ideally be used for baking and cooking purposes. With an option of four reheat functions, three automatic defrost options, quick cooking options, and a ten power level operation system, it is more convenient and economical to use. It is available in 1000-watt and 1400-watt power options. The pizza and baking featured oven has a Teflon-coated tray for cooking and baking purposes. The easy stain remover coating of the microwave oven from LG is a true companion in the kitchen.
Microwave Buying Guide
Microwaves are cooking appliances that can evenly heat food items with dielectric heating accomplished by electromagnetic radiation. A thorough search through different microwave reviews will give you some sort of idea as to what factors need to be considered while buying a microwave. The technology should be such that it can cook, defrost, reheat, bake, grill and offer all or most cooking solutions. The wide variety and combinations of microwaves will surprise you and might even make it difficult for you to narrow down the best rated microwaves.
Our microwave reviews will help you understand the different types of microwave ovens. Basically they are available in three categories: basic, grill, and convection. Basic models are small in size and portable and are ideal for reheating and defrosting. Grill models are larger than basic models and can be used for baking and grilling. Convection microwave ovens will have both basic and grilling features and will be fitted with fan and heating elements to spread the heat evenly in the oven.
1. It’s a good idea to read each microwave review thoroughly to have a clear understanding about the variety of operation and control facilities. Ovens with programming facilities let you cook or reheat the food as you wish.
2. Learn about how much electricity your microwave will consume, especially in the present economic times. Reading microwave oven reviews really helps here. Generally, a microwave consumes energy between 800W to 1500W. There is no point in buying a high energy consuming oven if you really don’t have that kind of requirement.
- Larger and more wattage-consuming ovens are meant to heat more food in a single cook time, which means they are ideal for big families with more members.
- Small ovens will consume less energy. If you are heating food for a small family, then it is ideal to go for a low-wattage consuming oven.
3. Learn about various friendly and not so friendly features by going through different microwave oven reviews:
- Look for ovens with sensors. The sensor will regulate the heat as per the requirement and switch off the oven automatically once the cooking is done.
- A pre-program option will help you to cook the food with a single-touch option.
- Ovens with combination features are good for specialty cooking.
- Options such as energy saving and child locks are some things that you can consider.
4. Most of the branded microwave ovens carry microwave ratings that show the consumption rate of energy and its radiation level discharge.
5. Product warranties and guarantees are also important factors that need to be looked into. Generally, the magnet that produces the electromagnetic waves will have a warranty of 5 to 10 years.
Popular Types Of Microwaves
Convenience and comfort are packed into a countertop microwave oven. These ovens are often considered the best microwave option due to their compact size and useful features. Countertop microwaves can be used for a wide range of cooking activities such as reheating and defrosting.
Over the Range
Over the range microwave ovens are designed to provide you with the combined features of a stove with a light and an exhaust fan. This is again considered one of the best microwave ovens. So ideally this oven will do the job of a hood. This type of microwave is a good option if you want to create some extra space in your kitchen. This model has all the functions of a basic model microwave oven.
A convection microwave oven is the most sought after kitchen appliance and is generally the best microwave when considering its multiple functions. With this oven, you can grill, broil, and bake. The combination feature makes it more user-friendly. You can use this oven to cook many normal foods that are cooked by using a conventional oven.
Microwave drawers are best option to conserve space in the kitchen by not compromising the usefulness of the oven. The push and pull features available in microwave drawer units adds convenience. This concept is designed to beat all over the counter models as it provides a neat and elegant look to the kitchen and comes across as the best microwave oven option for those concerned with this feature.
Compact microwaves have a variety of features comparable to countertop microwave ovens. This type of microwave is very helpful to prepare breakfast and reheat your food items. Compact microwaves are small in size and use less electrical energy to function.
Commercial microwave ovens are appropriate for restaurants, convenience stores, and hospitals. These ovens are high-speed ovens and heavy-duty appliances. Since this appliance is made for commercial use, it is manufactured with more durable materials to avoid possible damage. These are fitted with pre-programmed options and are considered to be the best microwave option for commercial applications.
Once you make a decision and get your microwave home, remember to keep the oven clean and dry. This rule is applicable to any microwave purchase. Although the microwave ovens are safe, do not stay very close to the oven while in use. If you suspect any problems with your microwave call a technician to make sure the appliance is working properly and the radiation emission is within the permitted level. Keep the oven in a comfortable place with space, air, and proper lights. While using microwave ovens, use only containers that are microwave friendly. Do not use metal containers, as it reflects in the microwave. The reading and understanding of microwave reviews will give you a perfect idea of how to decide on the most suitable microwave oven for your requirements!